Come join the AV Concepts team!
AV Concepts is a respected leader with a 33+ year track record of excellence in the convergence of technology and creativity in the live events industry. We recognize, respect and promote the power of our employees.
You will be joining a top team of industry professionals that bring unique technology and creative expertise together to offer the most innovative solutions to our clients that are limited only by your imagination!
About the role:
The Rigging Lead is responsible for the safe installation and operation of rigging elements required within the Phoenix Convention Center as well as as-needed staging events. This position will also review and approve show drawings for all events at the Phoenix Convention Center and work with AVC Project Managers to produce accurate rigging diagrams for staging events.
This position requires extensive rigging experience, ability to meet tight deadlines as well as thrive in a team-centric environment. The ideal candidate will have worked in a collaborative culture that values customer service, personal accountability, teamwork and a positive “can-do” attitude.
What you need:
Must attain and maintain current ETCP arena certification and be proficient in Vectorworks and/or AutoCAD.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of five plus years of rigging experience in convention centers and/or arenas or large-scale hotels
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly, helpful and positive personality with a can-do attitude
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, fast-paced, ever-changing team environment
- Ability to work independently and exercise good time management
- Quality work and attention to detail are critical
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with PCC Operations Manager in approving all rigging drawings and plots. Will be responsible for submitting all rigging CAD drawings to the PCC Production Services Department.
- Work closely with PCC Operations and/or AVC Project Managers in coordinating additional rigging equipment such as truss, motors and hanging materials.
- Assist the Operations Department in developing rigging standards and policy. Consult with the lighting department on the purchase of rigging equipment to include motors, truss, rigging steel, shackles, span sets and other related rigging equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all rigging equipment, including motor certification, in the AV Concepts inventory.
- Plan, coordinate, supervise and install (where allowed) all suspended items in accordance with the parameters and weight/tension limits set forth by event venues, including floor mounted and/or supported items that require additional support from building attachments for staging events requiring rigging support.
- Ensure that installations are accomplished without damage to the building.
- Ensure that all rigging is done in a safe manner using only professional rigging methods.
- Verify and ensure that all lighting truss, equipment and display pieces are designed and engineered by a licensed structural engineer for the intended use in the Phoenix Convention Center.
- Create and implement and maintain a companywide rigging SOP document. To include guidelines for safe and efficient rigging procedures and policies.
- Assist and contribute to the AVC lighting department; help oversee department needs, requests, and inventory.
*The right candidate will demonstrate a willingness for job responsibility flexibility and proactively pitch-in however is needed for successful event execution and team collaboration.
Why you’ll like working here:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and 401k retirement plan
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
How to apply:
Sound like a fit? Submit your information and resume HERE
AV Concepts is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with Us
Reach out to learn more! How can we help at your next event?