Come join the AV Concepts team!
AV Concepts is a respected leader with a 33+ year track record of excellence in the convergence of technology and creativity in the live events industry. We recognize, respect, and promote the power of our employees.
You will be joining a top team of industry professionals that bring unique technology and creative expertise together to offer the most innovative solutions to our clients that are limited only by your imagination!
About the role:
The Finance & HR Generalist is responsible for the day to day operations within the accounting and HR departments, overseen by the Managing Director. This role will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely book keeping, payroll, and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a collaborative culture that values customer service, personal accountability, teamwork and a positive “can-do” attitude.
What you need:
- 4+ years accounting experience
- 2+ years payroll processing experience
- Quickbooks Enterprise experience
- Demonstrated organization skills and accountability to actions
- Team oriented
- Solutions oriented
- Event or project based accounting a plus
What you’ll do:
- Process invoices, credit card payments, and prepare daily bank deposits.
- Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines including monitoring customer accounts for non-payments and processing adjustments.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Coordinate and complete annual compliance reviews, internal audits and external audits; ensure accounting practices are adequately prepared.
- Analyze financial information and produce forecasts of business for use in business planning and decisions.
- Oversee filing of tax forms, including 1099s.
- Reconcile asset inventory; additions, disposals and depreciation; record in inventory system.
- Ensure sales tax rates are accurate and up to date in customer billing system; prepare multiple city and state sales tax returns on a monthly basis.
- Review reconciliations to ensure they are prepared properly, and follow up on any unusual items.
- Coordinate and prepare monthly closing.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Complete and maintain bi-weekly payroll in PaychexFlex payroll software; record in accounting software. Ensure tax filings, recordkeeping and annual ACA compliance.
- Coordinate and manage benefit Open Enrollment and broker relationship; reconcile monthly benefit invoices with payroll deductions.
- Administer 401k plan, providing enrollment information to all eligible staff and sending completed forms to the third-party administrator. Ensure annual compliance and filings.
- Coordinate employee onboarding and orientation.
- Establish and maintain Finance & HR department records and reports.
Why you’ll like working here:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and 401k retirement plan
- Considerable opportunity for career advancement
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
How to apply:
Sound like a fit? Submit your information and resume HERE
AV Concepts is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with Us
Reach out to learn more! How can we help at your next event?