10 Questions to ask your prospective AV provider
By Scott Morgan, Senior Account Manager
I’ve seen a lot of RFPs. Some questions seem like fluff and others get to the bottom of things. If you ever find yourself wondering if your AE is “too busy” for you, consider the business model the Account Executive is part of.
1. What is the organizational structure for AV personnel managing our event? Can you describe your background in the events industry?
2. Have you had experience working within the proposed venue? If so, do you have some references that we may call on?
3. How will the cost of my event change based on the city and venue it is held (Trucking costs, union prices, etc.)?
4. Do you own all of the equipment that will be used at our meeting? If not, what will need to be sub-contracted and how do you ensure the quality of that equipment?
5. Do you own any scenic stage pieces and what innovative solutions can you provide for a General Session?
6. In cities with union labor, what is your policy for allowing us to pay the union directly? And if that is not an option, how much do you typically mark-up labor?
7. How proactive are you in determining costs we will incur by the venue (rigging fees, electrical, internet)?
8. How do you describe your process for participating in planning meetings?
9. Who will be present during site visits and will there be any costs incurred for site visits and/or planning meetings that will take place in person?
10. What makes your company stand out from others?